Charlotte Homes | Gallery of Homes | Homes and Condos $500,000 and Above
_Lake Norman Airpark Custom Home < back to Homes and Condos $500,000 and Above
Elegant custom built home perfect for an aviator, car buff, swimmer, hobbyist, retiree, well actually anyone!
One home with so much to offer!
Whether your needs are for a great home with an instrument approach airport, a home close to a great lake, a home with a hangar / garage for your toys, a home you can relax by the pool and just enjoy the splendor. You've found it! This great 'fly-in and out' custom built 4700+ sq.ft. 5 bedroom, 5.5 bath home has a taxiway leading from the 2409 sq. ft. hanger and garage to the threshold of runway 14 at beautiful Lake Norman Airpark. Almost 2 acres with trees abound, adorn this luxurious and unique home retreat.
This Georgian styled full-brick home has a great floor plan packed with amenities inside and out. As you open the front double doors you'll be greeted with waterfall reflecting pools on each side of you.
- The Foyer has marble floors, beautiful chandelier, 2 story coffered ceilings and 2 stair cases that lead to the bedrooms and rear balcony that overlooks the incredible back yard pool area.
- Ahead, the large sunken great room will open up with 24' coffered ceilings, propane gas fireplace and built in book shelves. The great room has a warm homey feeling in the center of the home and is wonderful for sitting with the family, relaxing or entertaining.
- The huge kitchen is attached to the breakfast nook and overlooks column portals to the great room featuring beautiful granite counter tops, 3 sinks with a swan faucet, sitting bar, solid cherry cabinets, red oak hardwood floors, a faucet at the stove to fill pots, stainless steel GE Profile and Monogram appliances and refrigerator.
- Master suite is located in its own wing just off the great room and features a large sitting area with a 2 way fireplace that lights and warms the sitting and sunken bedside areas. A beautiful salt water aquarium is built into the wall between the master bath and bedroom. The master bath is awesome with soaring 12 ft ceilings and 12" tiled flooring! Huge walk-in tiled shower with a bench and 4 shower nozzles. Large Jacuzzi tub with telephone style hand sprayer. The bath also features a large walk-in closet, dual vanities, a padded bench and a door that spills out into the pool area with its own terrace. All the windows are covered with white wooded plantation blinds.
- The office features a large built-in solid mahogany bookshelf with ships ladder, judges paneling walls, a built-in desk and 2 large closets.
- The formal dining room features a formal chandelier, wall trim and paneling and coffered ceilings. It and can be accessed through the foyer or the butlers' pantry which features a wine refrigerator and shelving.
- Guest bedroom is large with built in cabling for tv and its own full bath and closet.
- The upstairs bedrooms are great and come complete with built-in desks and built-in draws in the closet. Both have their own full bathroom and access to large walk-in storage areas. The storage areas are huge, almost 1000sq.ft. with easy access.
- Entertainment/ Theater room comes complete with built-in cabinetry housing a huge 100" screen, HD projector, surround sound and professional equipment rack in the closet. There is also a Murphy bed built into the wall, an elevated area for row seating and a full bathroom that can also be accessed from the pool area. Room can also be used as a guest or in-law bedroom since it is detached from the main part of the home.
Incredible detail went into building this pool haven for maximum entertainment!
- The home is situated so the pool area is due south allowing for maximum daily sun. The hot tub spills into a beautiful custom pool complete with slide, remote controlled water fall and custom lighting. Surrounding the pool is hand cut stone and stamped concrete with many places for sitting areas while listening to your favorite music through the rock styled speakers. Outdoor kitchen features Jenn-Air appliances with a large piped-in propane grill, sink and covered sitting area. To create an evening of ambiance and social entertainment for family and friends, the outdoor fireplace allows the gathering to enjoy marshmellows, s'mores or just enjoy the coziness of the fire.
Hangar and Garage area:
- The hangar is 47’X39' (1833sq.ft.) and has a hydro-swing 42’ door that is 10' high. Perfect for a single engine or a light twin, if you need more space the hanger can be remodeled easily since it's detached from the home. The remaining (576 sq.ft) space is used for an oversized 2 car garage. Between the home and garage is a car port with Georgian style columns.
Home has many features, here are a few more:
- Integrated speakers throughout home with volume controls by room
- Large rocking chair balcony on 2nd floor overlooking pool area
- Central vacuum
- Red oak hardwoods throughout home
- 4 zone heating and cooling
- Gas lamps light the drive way
- Black aluminum fence surrounds the rear of home
- Banana trees next to the pool area
Home was built by area’s premier builder Charlie Stevens, great detail and quality went into creating this modern version of a Georgian classic!
It’s a great location and a must see to fully appreciate!
Call or contact Shawn for a showing today.
Homes of the South, Inc.
FOR MORE PHOTOS AND INFORMATION CLICK BELOW